Dec 7, 2005

I'm so grumpy I can hardly stand to be around myself...


...and no, it's not PMS.

Right now my precious cat keeps walking over my hands as I try to type this which isn't helping. Here she is with her precious foot conveniently perched on the wrist cushion of my mouse pad.


















And here she is again after walking across the keyboard (and my hands) to sit on the other side of the monitor, staring at me lovingly.



I went to bed at 8:00 last night...ok that is normally my dinner time so something is seriously wrong. What's worse is I still woke up tired and grumpy after 9.5 hours of sleep!


Today at work was our annual Division Holiday Luncheon. And when I say luncheon I mean bbq catered by Poke-E-Jo's. And with a name like that you know it's going to be choice. Now, I don't eat meat and I didn't even like bbq when I did eat meat so I opted to stay back and cover the phones while everyone else went to chow down. Several well-meaning co-workers kept saying "We can bring you a plate? You can eat the potato salad! How about some cole slaw? Don't you like beans?" Ugh, by the end of I just wanted to scream. But I guess I can't really complain, I have a cushy state job and they shut down the office at 3:30 due to "inclement weather" and my boss just called to tell me it's not opening until 10:00 tomorrow morning.
I really should be less grumpy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We closed early yesterday too and weren't supposed to open until 10 today. I got here at 10:15 and found out that we were actually closed for the whole day, so what am I doing at work right now? You are grumpy and I ma crazy!