Oct 26, 2005

scary feet


One of my best friends got married recently and as part of the preparation she decided to take me and two other gals to the local Wal-Mart nail salon to get manicures and pedicures. I had no idea a gal could get her nails done at Wal-Mart and something about the idea really frightened me! But being the good sport that I am I arrived up at the "Regal Nails" ready to pick out my perfect shade of OPI lacquer. The first red flag for me occurred while I was sitting in the Throne, I noticed that my nail tech did not clean her implements between my friend's pedicure and mine. My crazy mind started to run rampant and I began imagining how many cuticles she may have clipped with the very same dirty clippers she was currently using ON MY TOES!!! *sigh*
Things really went south while the four of us were drying our nails. A gentleman came in who was using a walker and his feet were so swollen he was wearing socks and expandable sandals. I immediately shuddered to think about what his feet must look like under those socks. I didn't have to wonder for long because he hopped up on his own throne and the tech started working away on the scariest pair of feet I have seen in my life. I began to wonder if those dirty tools that the tech had used on my feet could have come near a set of feet like the ones I was watching with horror.
The four of became so rowdy at the idea that we ended up getting kicked out of the salon...or maybe it's because we were taking pictures to be sure we preserved the horror for all eternity.

You know you have arrived in life when you get bounced from a Wal-Mart nail salon.

5 comments:

Nap Queen said...

That is truly, truly narsty.....It looks like a corpse foot?

Mama Duck said...

That IS indeed an experience to be proud of and retell the tale of for the future grandkids! ;)

Kami said...

Holy crap. OMG. Yikes.

Tammy said...

Ewwwwww.

Rhonda said...

Isn't it interesting that someone with feet that gross would actually get a pedicure? You have to wonder how they got so bad in the first place.

I once saw an old man getting pedicure and his toenails were so thick the woman couldn't cut all the way through them on one try. And they were yellow. Let's just keep that shit covered up.

Welcome back, BTW.