Jun 2, 2006

gross

I hate it when people clip their fingernails at work. Every time I hear the distinctive snip-snip-snip sound my skin crawls as I imagine the simple squamous cells being tossed carelessly around the office. What if one of those germ-infested half-moons lands in someone's coffee?! Once when I worked at Starbucks a customer started clipping his fingernails right by the espresso machine. I just knew we were going to get a latte returned with a little sliver of scariness floating in the foam. I think personal grooming and hygiene should be kept where it belongs, in the privacy of our own bathrooms.

3 comments:

Nap Queen said...

Amen sister. That is GRODY!

Ruthie said...

I hear people complain about that at work a lot. Apparently upstairs at my business there are several men who like to do their weekly nail trimmings at their desks. Aren't you glad you don't work there?

Personally it doesn't bother me as long as they are over the trash. Have you ever thought of all the skin/hair cells that are just randomly falling out/off all over the place? Loose cells can't be avoided.

Whozfan said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Next thing you know people will be taking off their shoes and socks and clipping their toenails while on break. These people must be stopped. Someone call the nail police.