Mar 14, 2006

add it to the ever-growing list

So I am officially addicted to craigslist missed connections. I pore over the posts every day and I get very excited each time a new one shows up. It's some weird voyeuristic fetish I have, reading about all those people out there trying to make a connection. I am embarrassed to admit, I have even posted a few of my own. Even more embarrassing to admit, I have had two dates as a result of my postings!
The first one was a waiter in a restaurant where my family had dinner one night. He was a real cutie and we had a great coffee date. He acted all into me, asked me if could see me again, said he would call me and then never did. *sigh* Now his band keeps playing with another friend of mine's band and I don't want to go see them play because I don't want him to think I'm there to see him. Poo.
The second one responded to something I had posted for someone else. I figured what the hell and wrote him back. We corresponded for awhile via email and he seemed nice enough so I finally agreed to have dinner with him. The guy turned out to be King of the Tools. Within the first fifteen minutes of dinner he was telling me about the problematic sex life he had with his ex-wife. He went so far as to tell me, "I like to do it all, you know what I'm saying?" Ew. And that's just a sampler, there was so much more but it would be way too much to put here.
One might think I would learn my lesson but of course not, I continue to post because for me it is a fun, if not tragic, diversion from my mundane life.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Reminds me of my friend Crystal and her experience with craigslist. Don't get me started with being addicted to stuff on the Internet.

Lori said...

One of the many reasons I'm happy to have an SO. The thought of having to date again gives me the willies.

Crystal said...

i LOVE craigslist - especially the missed connections. i usually go to austin's CL because there are way more ineteresting posters there.