Mar 6, 2006

interesting

Over the past year I have been experiencing an interesting shift in my taste in men. I previously had a tendency to inadvertently pick out the most wounded trainwreck of a man in the room. Think Robert Downey, Jr., Colin Farrell, Christian Slater, etc. A mentor of mine calls it the "Broken Bird Fetish" and I guess I have to (begrudgingly) agree. A friend of mine who is more healthy than I am in the men department has to alert me to the Broken Bird nature of the men I am attracted to. She can smell it from a mile away while I'm naively gazing at them with teenage girl googly eyes.
However, I've begun to wise up and I'm starting to catch a whiff of the B.B. a little sooner than I used to, which was usually about two months into dating a guy. What's more, I am starting to gravitate toward older, blue collar, biker dudes...think Kris Kristofferson...WTF?!? I think it has something to do with being minutely willing to entertain the idea of letting someone take care of me just a tiny little bit for a change.
Double K looks like he would be pretty darn handy around the house and I bet he likes dogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooooooh, I have BB fetish too.