Apr 17, 2006

interesting choice

So I went to dinner with The Writer on Friday night and when he picked me up he told me again that he had missed me. I can't help but wonder why he didn't just call or email me if he missed me so dang much? Anyway, we had a nice dinner with our usually easy, breezy conversation. However, at one point I asked him "what else is new" and he replied he didn't know how much I wanted to hear about his personal life. I must have given him a "bring it on" facial expression because he went ahead and launched into a tale about a woman he had been seeing for the past week. I was a little surprised by his choice of conversation topics but I just sort of went with it because it was a funny story either way. Part of me is glad he is so comfortable with me but part of me thinks that it's inappropriate disclosure to talk about other women with someone you're reportedly (at least a little bit) romantically interested in. Am I taking crazy pills? One of my friends thinks he's trying to make me jealous, as if my jealousy will spur me into action of some sort. Unfortunately he is sadly mistaken because I respond in the exactly opposite way; if I think there are sharks circling I swim in the other direction. I don't want any part of that biznazz.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

That is a strange thing to talk about. I have had conversations along those lines and they are always weird. What are they thinking? We will never know, unless we ask, but then that would be awkward, wouldn't it?