Apr 3, 2006

I wonder what Normal feels like?

I even wonder if there is such a thing as Normal? I do know that I have never felt what I perceive Normal to feel like. I see people who are married, have successful careers, kids, beautiful homes and plenty of money and wonder, how do they do it? I struggle on a daily basis, teetering on this tightrope of feelings and worries and obsessions, how would there be space in my brain for Normal stuff like hobbies or a relationship or children? I feel like my world is shrinking and things I used to enjoy and accomplish with ease are becoming less appealing and more difficult to manage. It's no wonder dating is so difficult for me, what sane man would want to spend any substantial amount of time with a nut like me? That's rhetorical by the way...
I feel happiest when I'm safe at home in my bubble with my dogs but even that gets lonely sometimes.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

You just need to find a man who will pay little attention to you and who enjoys solitude too. Of course you will never meet because he is too busy hanging out solo with his dogs.