Apr 18, 2006

scary and sad

As I have mentioned before my sister and I are training for the HCRA which means we have been riding long distances on some pretty scary roads. When I say long distances I mean long for me, I think the longest was 43 miles. When I say scary I mean two lane country roads, sometimes with no shoulders and high speed traffic. Here is a map of the ride we did last Saturday. So then today I read this horrible story which scares the holy bejebus out of me.
I am sure all of you are very courteous drivers but here is my PSA for the month: please remember to be careful when you see a cyclist on the road, they have the same rules and rights to the road and are much more vulnerable. Thank you!

2 comments:

Nap Queen said...

Holy Bejeebus is right sister! Did you hear about the other lady that got hit by a semi and lived? She was on 1431 and thank jeebus the semi was going slow.

NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

it dangerous out there