Apr 25, 2006

relief

As Crystal so tenderly pointed out to me, perhaps I just need to get laid? Now statistically speaking I would have to agree; as I have mentioned these are dry times my friends. However I must argue my case, because that's what I do. First and foremost, there is the obvious issue of a missing partner with whom I would do said dirty deed. My standards have apparently become impossibly high and great candidates aren't exactly lining up at my door. Secondly, because unfortunately I am not wired to have casual sex I can't just jump into bed with some guy purely for the sake of relief. Damn it! Sure sounds like fun though...you gals who can do it hit one for me please. Third, getting into a sexual relationship presents its own set of anxieties for me (of course). Most importantly there is the risk of getting pregnant. I am in no position to bring a baby into the world right now, as much as I might want to later.
Back to the drawing board.
Sidebar: I’m curious to know how many of you regularly have sex just to relieve your anxiety. Give it to me straight.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

I have done it before, but then the other person's personality was just too annoying to ignore. It doesn't even sound appealing to me anymore. I don't want to give it up to some random person that I am "just not that into."

Clearlykels said...

Honestly- if you are not comfortable with the person or the idea of casual sex, getting laid is not going to bring down your anxiety. However, if you could get over all of that, it probably would help.

Crystal said...

i guess it depends on the time in your life. i never had any experience in college so i am making up for that now and since i am not looking for a relationship, i don't mind the occasional booty-call. i just hope that the sects isn't so good that i fall in love in the middle of it (hahahahahaha yeah, like that would happen). however, i think this attitude has turned me into a cold bitch, which has led to guys digging me, which is led to me getting irritated and "having my period" three weeks out of the month.