Aug 11, 2005

dating


I recently decided to give dating a try again after an appropriate recuperation period from the Great Disappointment; Winter '04. I have to say, dating in the new millennium sucks. Or maybe it has always sucked, I just didn't do much dating before the new millennium. I would previously meet a guy and before I realized what had happened he was my boyfriend. Now I'm into the whole courtship thing but apparently part of my brain is still picking the instaboyfriend type of guys it has picked since I was fifteen. Damn. I didn't know it was considered appropriate to invite yourself to spend the night with a woman before taking her out to dinner. Or how about requesting oral sex before any heavy petting has occurred? Or my recent favorite, "We will make a great boyfriend-girlfriend couple one day" exactly four days before finding out he's been banging a woman I know the entire time he's been aggressively trying to get in my pants. *sigh* What happened to friendly dates? Getting to know each other? Being respectful? It seems the older I get the more I become a Prudence McPrudesville which is truly just fine with me.

1 comment:

Nap Queen said...

If you're Prudence McPrudesville, can I be Frigid O'Friddie?