Aug 14, 2005

weekend's end

It's Sunday evening, that means I have to go back to work in roughly twelve hours. I am especially unhappy about that fact today because my pager went off at exactly 5:13 a.m. Like every other weekend I've been on call something weird and stupid happened to prevent me from connecting to my job's network, resulting in my trying to trouble shoot before 6:00 on a Sunday morning. That is just not good for anyone involved. Because of said weird and stupid issue my pager continued to go off every thirty minutes until just before 8 a.m. when my boss responded to my S.O.S. page. I hate it when I have to do that; I hate feeling like I appear incompetent. By the time I connected to the network the original problem had been resolved, presumably by my boss.
Around 8:30 I decided to respond to a ridculous message left on my answering machine yesterday by one of the Dating Disasters; Spring '05. He is the one with poor impulse control and to whom I have not spoken in two weeks. The message said something about "blah, blah, blah...I hope you're doing well...blah, blah, blah...I'm doing great...blah, blah, blah." Awfully presumptuous of him to think I give a rat's arse how he is doing and then stunningly self-absorbed that he found it necessary to let me know. The gist of my text message to him was short & sweet, "don't contact me anymore". His response? "Don't worry, I won't." What a tool.
I made it to brunch with my family at 9:30 where I proceeded to weep at the mere idea of making a decision about what to eat, there were too many choices for my exhausted brain. I fear my family is growing tired of my emotional meltdowns, especially the public ones. Bonus: we had a Lance Armstrong sighting at the restaurant.
Thankfully there was one great success today: I somehow managed to get my yard mowed. My grass had gotten so tall that my dogs were getting lost. There were weeds in the middle of the lawn that looked like cornstalks. It was wholly out of control. Getting that kind of yard work done is a major endeavor for someone like me who is battling spontaneous weeping fits and a general lack of emotional stability. However, I was afraid if I didn't take care of it soon I would have to rent a piece of farm equipment to mow it down. Sweet baby jesus it is done, now I just have to figure out how to make my weedeater work.

1 comment:

Nap Queen said...

Yea you! So glad you got it done and done. Now you'll always know where Mucky is :D And you're allowed to have weeping fits when a crappy pager wakes you up at 5 on weekend morning.