Aug 16, 2005

every day is a crap shoot

Despite my surrender to the siren song of coconut cream pie last night, I woke up in a fairly good mood this morning. I was having intense dreams about rearranging furniture, I wonder what that means? Perhaps it is because I am once again considering the idea of getting a roommate and I have been thinking a lot about how can I possibly make room for her. It's amazing how quickly one person can take over and fill up a three bedroom house. Granted, my house is smaller than some one bedroom apartments and apparently the walk-in closet had not yet been discovered in the 1960s. My four tiny closets are probably equal to the walk-in closet from my 1970s childhood bedroom. Nevertheless, over the past 9+ years there have been stretches of time that I managed to live with two other roommates fairly comfortably. How did I accumulate so much stuff? I am a tidy packrat.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I recently learned that the city has approved a development of 60+ "luxury condominiums" to be built within 300 feet of my property line. I don't handle change well anyway but this news upsets me for two main reason: 1) access to the development will mean opening up the dead-end street that runs behind my house resulting in new traffic and 2) they will be clearing out a large area of trees that is currently untouched and beautiful, one of my favorite parts of my drive home. That makes me feel very, very sad. Helpless and sad.

No comments: