Aug 15, 2005

passion

I recently read an article about Susan Sarandon's secrets to inner beauty, she said "Anything that makes you feel passionate and makes you laugh helps you to stay young." The article said her passions are world peace and other global issues. If I think too hard about world peace and other global issues I start to feel very sad; I certainly don't feel much like laughing. I do understand the importance of finding passion in my life, my dilemma is how does one go about finding that passion if it is not innate? I desire to be really good at something, even if it is just one thing. As it happens, my current occupation is not that one thing. I'm terrified of waking up one day to discover I've spent 25 years in a passionless occupation and in the process forgot to seek out my passion elsewhere.

1 comment:

Nap Queen said...

Dogs. I tell you, your passion is is of the furry variety :)