Aug 22, 2005

oh joy

I woke up this morning with a really stiff neck and my first thought was, "uh-oh, it must be spinal meningitis!" Then I got up to investigate why my cat was making such a ruckus in the hall, only to find him staring at a partially mutilated gecko. He looked disappointed that his toy had become unresponsive. Disgusting. A little later I went in the bathroom to get ready and the first thing my foot landed on was the gecko's lost tail. What a great way to start another week of mundanity.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I didn't post over the weekend because I decided to spend more time with my friends and family than my computer. It was way more rewarding but damn I got behind on my emails. Over the course of the weekend my car died for the second time this month. I really wish the Breaking Things would limit themselves to one a month for my sanity's sake.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I decided to get involved with my neighborhood association in an attempt to do something about the impending development behind my house. Several folks are meeting at my house this evening to walk back there and check it out. It feels good to be involved, I figure I can't complain about it if I'm not doing anything abou it. I hope we can make a difference!

1 comment:

Nap Queen said...

So sorry about the Gecko tail. I know that feeling of stepping on something you really wished you hadn't :)